Restoring Our Legacy: A Shining City on a Hill
The Campaign for St. Agnes
St. Agnes is in the midst of its first Capital Campaign in over 20 years to address pressing facilities needs in the church, convent and school.
In July of this year, Fr. Frederick Edlefsen, Pastor, launched the silent phase of the campaign, following years of planning and careful deliberation on priorities and needs of the parish now and for generations to come. The campaign aims to raise a minimum of $5 Million by the end of the year. Due to the generosity of parishioners, we are currently at well over half of the way to our goal.
Key renovations include:
· A welcoming central entrance with a primary exterior approach.
· A glassed-in partition (in place of the current wall) between the vestibule and nave.
· Improved lighting, sound and refurbished or new pews and kneelers.
· Restrooms on the main level, and handicap accessibility to the lower church.
· Expansive interior renovations to serve parish and school needs with modern technology resources, a new school library, flexible meeting space and handicap accessibility from the exterior and school interior.
· Gym improvement plan including lighting, new flooring, wall and ceiling paint.
· Repurposing the existing library for additional classroom, music room and restrooms.
· Restructured Pre-K program area space and a new HVAC system.
For the history of our beautiful parish, please read Father Edlefsen's Sunday Column from October 21st here.
Should the campaign substantially exceed its base goal, the Adoration Chapel will move to the front of the church, allowing for expanded renovations. Parishioners are being asked to individual meetings with Father Edlefsen or a campaign designee on his behalf. After the silent phase, the effort will broaden to include receptions, phone calls and mailings.