First of all, we are so glad you are here!
The Welcome Team’s goal is to enthusiastically greet every new parishioner, and to make them feel welcomed and encouraged to grow in faith and experience the sacraments. The Welcome Team also serves as a resource for how to get involved in parish life and how to learn more about our Catholic Faith. Whether you are new to Arlington, new to Saint Agnes or even new to the Catholic faith, we are here to help you feel at home!
If you haven’t officially registered yet with the parish, please complete the Parish Registration Form and you will then be able to receive all news and information about Saint Agnes and our faith family.
We have been in your shoes. We were the “new kids” on the block not long ago and there were some natural hurdles to getting our feet wet. Our job as the Welcome Team is to help you acclimate to the parish. Our plan with these welcome emails is to get you up to speed on the happenings at Saint Agnes as if you have been here for years.
New Parishioner Welcome Brunch and Dinners
Join other new and “seasoned” parishioners for a casual family-style brunch or dinner, as a welcome into the Saint Agnes parish family. Brunch/dinner, sides and drinks will be provided, so please bring only yourselves.
You’re welcome to attend one or all of our welcome meals! Please bring the whole family. Kids are certainly welcome too! We hope these gatherings become fun events where parishioners connect with others and quickly feel at home at Saint Agnes!
Great Events for Newcomers!
These events are not necessarily sponsored by the Welcome Team, but they serve as great ways to get to know fellow parishioners.
- Monthly Coffee & Donuts – Once a month during the school year, an organization or ministry from Saint Agnes hosts Coffee & Donuts in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning masses.
- Lenten Soup Suppers and Fish Frys are fun, family-style gatherings where people chat over dinner.
- Our Annual Parish Picnic is usually held in September. (In recent years, the Knights of Columbus have hosted it at their Columbus Club House on Little Falls Road in Arington.) Our parish picnics include bouncy houses, games, an ice cream truck, a beer truck, and parish provided BBQ for all parishioners to enjoy.
- Our Sodality of Celebrations are large parish-wide celebrations on various Feast Days throughout the year. Join us at our next one!
A parish that prays together grows together
In addition to the Mass, we Catholics have many rich devotions and traditions to enliven and nurture our faith. Novenas are one such devotion! Saint Agnes prays six (6) novenas together as a parish family.
Novenas are prayers said each day for nine (9) days. The ninth and final day of the novena usually celebrates that particular saint’s feast day or is a vigil of a liturgical event such as Pentecost or Christmas. They are great ways to pray along with the saints and see our Lord through a different set of eyes.
You’ll get daily reminder emails to pray during each of the following Novenas:
- St Agnes (January 13 – January 21)
- St. Joseph (March 11 – March 19)
- Pentecost/Confirmation Novena (said 9 days before Pentecost*, & Confirmation) *Date varies per year.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin (August 7 – August 15)
- St. Therese of the Child Jesus (September 23 – October 1)
- Immaculate Conception (November 30 – December 8)